Sunday, October 7, 2007

A momentus day in my life!


Planning Day 5 - Friday 5 October 2007

Well - some days in life everything just runs away with you and you put your head on your pillow at night and go 'jeez! A pretty important day that'.

A conversation with the old gaffer ('old' relating to his relationship with me, not his age) early doors on Friday 5 October and it was all over for me and The Lawn Tennis Association. Thankfully I guess on reflection. We were trying to work out staying on for a few more weeks to help out but a compromise agreement making me a free agent resulted in a day to sort out 10 years of work.

Thank Buddha I started that hand over document mega-early knowing that I'd be leaving Staffordshire whatever was to come. I managed to speak to all the necessary people, send the obligatory 'thank you and au revoir' emails, leave weird out of office forever auto-replies (they take on a whole new and refreshing meaning when you say you're not coming back!), see our legendary Secretary/Administrator, Elaine, off safely and lock the door behind me!

To be honest I was a bit upset ... and displayed a classic Reggie glum-one that the great man himself would have been proud of! Only joking ... I'm free!


And so that's it. It feels brilliantly liberating to move on from that challenge in life and face this new one of getting round the world. Not a bad trade I think!

A massive thanks to Elaine for putting up with me for a decade. I can only hope that just a day at the health spa can re-dress years and years of putting up with me ...

No comments: